Frequently Asked Questions

Dog Licensing

  • When are my dog licenses due?
    • Except as provided in s. 174.054, the owner of a dog more than 5 months of age on January 1 of any year, or 5 months of age within the license year, shall annually, or on or before the date the dog becomes 5 months of age, pay the dog license tax and obtain a license by March 31.
  • What do I have to do to get a dog license?
    • You will need to send in a copy of the rabies certificate (not the receipt showing you paid for the vaccination) along with the payment made out to "Town of Sherman".  Dogs that have been spayed or neutered $6; Dogs that have not been spayed or neutered $13; If paid after March 31, there is an additional $10 late fee added to the base fee.
  • Why do you need a copy of the rabies certificate every year?
    • This is the best way to make owners and the township aware that the rabies is still valid or if it is need of re-vaccination.  Furthermore, last year's copy has been filed away and is not readily available.

Real Estate Taxes

  • When will I receive my tax bill?
    • Tax bills are mailed to property owners mid-December.
  • Where do I pay my taxes?
    • The first installment (due Jan. 31) are paid either by mail, in person at the clerk's office, the drop box located on the front of the Town of Sherman Office building/SCFD, or at the National Exchange Bank & Trust in Adell.  If mailing, mail to Town of Sherman, P.O. Box 88, Adell, WI  53001
    • The second installment (due July 31) must be paid by mail or in person at the Sheboygan County treasurer's office in Sheboygan.  If mailing, mail to Sheboygan County Treasurer, 508 New York Avenue, Sheboygan, WI  53081.  Do not mail them to the Sherman clerk because it will only create an untimely payment.